Three hours south of Lembeh Island by speedboat, lies the hottest new dive destination in Indonesia, Buyat Bay. Protection from destructive fishing practices started with Newmont Mining Corporation which operated a gold mine in the nearby mountains from 1996 until 2004.
Diving is conducted from three high-speed custom outfitted speedboats, equipped for day trips complete with marine head. The dive sites of Buyat Bay and the surrounding areas offer unbelievably pristine reefs and equally stunning topside vistas. Buyat Bay is the hottest new dive frontier in North Sulawesi. Join the pioneers of Buyat Bay diving and see what reefs should look like.
Accommodations are basic yet comfortable during the initial phases of our development of the region. Guests stay at the Lakban Bungalow Complex, established by Newmont after the cessation of mining activities in 2004. Complete with hot water, air conditioning, and even satellite TV, the Bungalow Complex provides a centralized location for the exploration of Buyat Bay.
LEMBEH RESORT in Combo with BUYAT BAY!!!
A great combo package with Lembeh Resort is with Buyat Bay, in conjunction with the first night at Gardenia Country Inn. Logistically, it works best in this order:
- Day 1: Arrive at Manado's airport-transfer to Gardenia Country Inn (approx 1 hr. from airport)
- Day 2: depart Gardenia at 8AM, transfer to Buyat Bay. Arrive approx 10:30 AM and go diving. 2 day dives and optional night dive this day
- Day 3: diving Buyat Bay
- Day 4: diving Buyat Bay
- Day 5: check out of accommodation and depart at 7:30 AM. Logistics permitting transfer by boat to Lembeh Resort with 2 dives along the way. Arrive in time for afternoon dive, mandarin fish dive, and or night dive.
- Day 6-11: diving Lembeh Strait, then check out to airport.
COST: This 10 night package with 26 Nx Dives is:
$2199.00 per person based on double occupancy
Single occupancy is $2929.00
The package includes:
- All transfers
- 26 Nitrox guided boat dives
- 5 complimentary unguided house reef dives at Lembeh Resort
- All meals, morning and afternoon snacks
- Unlimited drinking water, coffee and tea
- Tanks, weights, and guide for diving
*Please note that there will be a $15 surcharge for all night dives and mandarin fish boat dives