Wishing all our friends around the world, a most joyful, happy, healthy Festive Holiday Season!
As this year winds down and the planning for the next Travel Season amps up, reflecting on where we have been and where we want to go next, I have some thoughts……
Travel is in our blood; our wanderlust grows in new directions.
I started Dive Discovery and Africa Discovery Travel in 1992. Scuba diving around the world, offering beautiful underwater realms; Africa Discovery was next after I ventured to South Africa shortly after Apartheid ended, I was hooked!
We are growing our company and reaching new highs; we will soon offer Adventure Discovery in the near future! Watch this space!
We have grown deeply into Africa, offering 23 countries and every kind of Wildlife, active and Cultural adventure I can think of!
I have journeyed to the far corners of the globe, enjoying the company of friends around the world.
Just to name a few;
- Antarctica base camp active cruises [view trip report],
- The Himalaya in search of Snow Leopard (yes we saw 4) and mating snow leopards on our last day! [view trip report]
- India; will venture back next year for our 3rd go with our specialist naturalist guide to 4 little known parks to photograph the ‘secrets’ of India. A hint, no tigers this time! Ever hear of Red Panda’s?
- Morocco was a wonderful surprise; I toured all over after being invited to attend PURE experiential trade show. A diverse, exotic, beautiful country filled with vibrant colors, sights, sounds, Kasbahs, riads and history! The joy I found was in the people; they are friendly and welcoming! [view trip report]
- I spent over 3 weeks traversing Namibia in March and April with a friend. I was on an agent Recce to check out many new camps and a new safari program called Namibia Under Canvas which was OUTSTANDING! I love Namibia, it is diverse with the most incredible landscapes on earth! [view trip report]
- In May we went back to Indonesia diving Triton Bay and Raja Ampat on Damai liveabaord; another wonderful diving experience. [view trip report]
- Recently in Sept/Oct I escorted a group to French Polynesia which was a long-awaited trip for me as I had never been there before. We traveled to 4 different islands, swimming with Humpback whales in Rurutu which was a beautiful time to see mama and baby and singing male escorts! Diving in the cuts in Rangiroa with playful dolphins and walls of shark and fish in Fakarava! This was a busy but wonderful experience! I will work on another trip in the future to dive the Marquesas islands also! Stay tuned! [view trip report]
We have an expedition trip planned in 2020 to Mongolia for our dear friend for her 60th birthday! An 18nt journey across the country in mobile luxury Yurts; walking and riding the gorgeous ponies, sharing time with the semi nomadic people learning their culture, the golden Eagle hunters in the west and surprises along the way!
If you are on our Newsletter list, you have been receiving many inspirational ideas of places around the world we are promoting! Scuba diving, Africa, trekking and exciting offers around the world! Along with our group trip updates!
The more we travel, the more we learn about new destinations we must visit!
The world is getting bigger in my mind!! As you know, I travel a lot, sometimes with groups, and sometimes to do an agent recce to check out new places!
On my list:
- CHAD in north central Africa: Africa Parks has done an amazing job protecting this environmentally rich Zacouma National Park and bringing the wildlife back in a big way, and empowering the local people! Stay tuned. [view trip]
- West Africa for incredible culture has been a new successful destination for us! [view trips]
- All things Africa; it is a continent that beckons you back once you have been; it seeps into your blood and under your skin.
- Adventure is the name of the game!
- Trek across Costa Rica from Caribbean to Ocean, visit places off the tourist grid!
- The Inca trail trek in Peru, visit Cusco, The Sacred Valley, trek the trail for 4 days and 3nts in tents, reward; the awe of Machu Picchu as you enter the Sun Gate as the Incas did! [view trips]
- Baja Mexico: Todos Santos stunning Pacific retreat; glamping in the mountains and on the shores of the Sea of Cortez, kayaking and snorkeling! I Love this trip! [view trip]
- The Gray whales in the various bays from end of January to end of March, you have not lived until you pet a baby gray whale as mama brings him to you and you get covered in whale love!!! Scuba dive and snorkel LaPaz and Bahia del los Angeles and Cabo Pulmo! [view trips]
- Not to mention outstanding Socorro islands with giant playful friendly Pacific Mantas! We have a group trip there in 2021! [view trip]
- Brazil photographing Jaguars in the Pantanal! We will be offering this for 2020! Watch this space! [view trip]
- Sri Lanka is very popular and full of beautiful wildlife and culture, a new destination to consider! [view trips]
- Ethiopia offers stunning ancient religious history in the north, nature and wildlife heading south in the Bale mountains, and the rich culture of the Omo people of the south. [view trips]
Feeling inspired for the Holidays! Nothing like giving the gift of travel!
We can create a lovely Gift Card for your loved one or travel partner to get the travel juices flowing!
What are you waiting for!?
WE have LOADS of wonderful inspirational ideas on our web sites: www.DiveDiscovery.com & www.Africa-Discovery.com as well as group trips for you to join!
We thank you for your ongoing patronage and look forward to assisting you and being of service in the coming year!
Many thanks to all our friends and guests around the world,
we wish you all the happiness and joy for this special Holiday Season!
Cheers to Health, Happiness, friendship and really fun travel plans for 2020 and beyond!!
Live, Love, LIFE!!!
And the Dive Discovery and Africa Discovery team!