Swim With Humpback Whales
by Conscious Breath Adventures, Winner of the 2012 Planet Whale Responsible Whale Operator Award
A voyage with Conscious Breath Adventures takes you to experience one of the premier congregations of humpback whales found anywhere, in the Sanctuary for the Marine Mammals of the Dominican Republic. With thousands of whales gathering here every winter to mate and calve, you will see a dazzling display of behaviors from the deck of our tenders and eye to eye as you slip quietly into the sea to interact with these graceful giants in their ocean home.
Swimming with humpback whales in their natural environment, on their terms, during a Soft-In-Water Encounter, is an ultimate wild animal interaction and spending a week in this exceptional sanctuary is a journey unlike any other. Visitors arriving on the Silver Bank quickly realize they are in one of the truly special wild places on earth, a feeling that only deepens as the days pass. The humpback whale behaviors you witness from above and the face to face experiences you have with them will leave you feeling joy, awe, humility, gratitude, and respect.
More than just a meeting of minds, the Conscious Breath Adventures experience aims to deepen your understanding of whales and their blue home. Our fun, informative educational presentations and accessibility of friendly, expert staff make this a trip that provides lasting gifts. You will leave with new friends above and below the water and a deeper knowledge of humpback whales, the issues they face, the scientific efforts to understand them and the ongoing fight to protect them.
The whales will make you laugh and they may make you cry, but they will always touch your spirit. A journey to the Silver Bank is an adventure that will awaken your consciousness and inspire your soul.
Each trip is a week-long liveaboard cruise that boards in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic on Saturday afternoon and disembarks the following Saturday morning. The daily schedule on the Silver Bank is designed to maximize the time available for boat-based whale watching and soft-in-water whale encounters. Be advised that the daily schedule is subject to change and is provided for reference purposes only. Guests are advised to arrive in the Dominican Republic on the Friday preceding their scheduled Saturday departure or earlier to allow for any delays in transit.
Our boat for year 2023: MV Sea Hunter
Availability for year 2023:
1) January 28 - February 4: one space left (male)
2) February 4 - 11: two spaces left
3) February 25 - March 4: one space left, female
4) March 4 - 11: six spaces left
5) March 25 - April 1: six spaces left
For the standard seven night, six day itinerary, the costs are as follows:
$4,595 per person for a berth in a Standard Stateroom
$4,695 per person for a berth in a Deluxe Stateroom.
$4,895 per person for a berth in a Master Stateroom.
Access & Port Fees: $600 per person
Fuel Surcharge: surcharge set in December for the following season; currently estimated at $100.
*** All Fares, Fees & Surcharges are subject to change.
- Seven nights accommodations aboard, starting with guests boarding Saturday evening approximately 5:00 pm; and disembarking the following Saturday morning at approximately 8:00 am.
- The excursion is seven nights and six days. Your arrival/departure days are included in those six.
- You will have five days on the Silver Bank with up to four and one half (4.5) days of tender time to look for whales (up to nine tender excursions), weather permitting as per Sanctuary rules.
- Three meals a day aboard the vessel, except for the last (Friday) night, which will be ashore.
- Morning and afternoon snack.
- All beverages, including carbonated, non-carbonated, and alcoholic (a limited selection of beer (local) and wine) are provided. Hard alcoholic beverages will not be provided, but may be brought on board the vessel if desired.
- Fresh towel service upon request.
- Entertainment library.
For more information
1 800 886-7321