Kri Island Resort
A simple, but comfortable dive resort
10 traditional over water bungalows and offer traditional Papuan accommodation perched on wooden stilts, right across abundant reefs and pristine jungle forest, with excellent food and a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
It is truly part of nature and every morning guests are awoken by an orchestra of birds. The heart of our operation is the dining area and kitchen. 3 times a day meals are prepared in the open kitchen and are served on the communal table. A variety of vegetable and fruit will please vegetarians guests. Clean drinking water, coffee & tea are provided free of charge.
For an extra charge you can enjoy a cool beer to sundown on the sunset deck, soft drinks or fresh fruit juices. Watch the juvenile blacktip sharks grow up in the protected waters around the resort.
- Maximum 6 divers per boat with a min. of 2 dive guides.
- Operating with 8 fiberglass boats (with each 2x 40HP Yamaha engines), all built by our local craftsmen on the island
- 3 guided boats dives per day plus an optional night/dusk dive. 2 dives in the morning, 1 in the afternoon and if requested an additional night dive.
- Free Nitrox - for certified enriched air divers
- Full day dive excursions are also being scheduled. Usually once a week. Depending on the guest's interests and weather conditions.
- We use 12l aluminium tanks
- Yoke valves (DIN adapters are limited, please bring your own if needed)
- We offer unlimited diving with accomodation packages and separate dive packages. If you plan to do at least 2 dives a day, we recommend the accomodation with unlimited dive package.
- The dives included in the unlimited package are for dive sites within a 10km radius around the resort. Outside of this zone, fuel surcharges apply, ranging from 25 euro p/p to 60 euro p/p for further away excursions/dive trips such as Fam Islands and the Passage.
- Thanks to our central location and the close proximity to the dive 'Hot Spots', the boat rides to the dive sites will take approx. 5 - 15 minutes only
- Therefore it is also our custom to return to the resort inbetween the dives.
- Towels and fresh water are always provided on the boats
- A snack/picnic will be offered on half day trips or lunch on full day trips.
- Oxygen, Emergency Box, Tools, GPS and Radio are standards on the boats.